Apprenda is the first Platform as a Service to integrate Docker into a commercially supported PaaS product. For years, Apprenda has provided best-in-class compliance, governance and security capabilities for Java and .NET applications. With its 6.0 release, these capabilities immediately become applicable to Docker-based application deployments as well. Many Apprenda customers are evaluating and testing Docker, and Apprenda 6.0 gives them a safe path to enterprise adoption.
In addition to Docker, Apprenda now supports applications built on IBM’s WebSphere Application Server and includes support for additional authentication protocols like OAuth2, enhancements to log management, improved support for JMX application monitoring, and much more.
“Apprenda has provided the most versatile Platform as a Service to enterprises for years, and our commitment to enterprise development teams has never been stronger,” Apprenda CEO Sinclair Schuller said. “With Docker and WebSphere support, our 6.0 release makes it clear that Apprenda is the most compatible Enterprise PaaS on the market and the only one that makes Docker safe and secure in enterprise deployments.”
All of the new features in Apprenda 6.0 further align with the vision of the Apprenda’s OneCloud Alliance, a partner program that highlights vendors committed to interoperability and lack of vendor lock-in for enterprise companies. The OneCloud Alliance includes top technology players including NetApp, Atos, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Oracle and HP.
“NetApp has always focused on providing our customers with the right solutions to meet the individual needs of their growing businesses,” said Shaun Mahoney, director of technology and strategy, Americas, NetApp. “With partners like Apprenda and its 6.0 release, we will continue to provide enterprises with the right solutions to incorporate software-defined storage into their cloud environments as they evolve their architectures and technologies.”
Apprenda 6.0 Features Include:
- Docker – Apprenda now integrates with Docker, one of the leading providers of container technology. Apprenda brings enterprise-class policy, governance and controls to Docker while still giving developers to the freedom to quickly build and deploy a wider range of applications than ever before on Apprenda, including Python, Ruby and PHP apps.
- WebSphere – Apprenda 6.0 supports IBM’s WebSphere Application Server, a vital part of application development in the world’s largest enterprises.
- OAuth2 – Apprenda now integrates with third-party API management tools for authentication, including Apigee and CloudMine.
- New Developer Features – The newest version of Apprenda offers enhanced application monitoring with JMX, tenant and user management, log management, and more.
- Powerful Integrations – Apprenda’s integration ecosystem now includes connection points to NetApp, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, New Relic, and CloudMine.
Apprenda 6.0 is now generally available. For more information, please visit http://apprenda.com/platform/releases/6-0/.