TROY, N.Y., Dec. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Apprenda, the leading enterprise Platform as a Service (PaaS), today announced that it has extended its collaboration with Microsoft Corp. to support the enhanced capabilities of the latest and greatest Microsoft Visual Studio release, Visual Studio 2015. This enables developers to build, deploy and monitor new as well as existing .NET applications with ease and take advantage of the new features in Visual Studio 2015.
Apprenda’s best-of-breed .NET support, on top of a strong Java support, makes Apprenda a natural fit with Microsoft to speed up enterprise application development. Integration with Visual Studio 2015 adds to Apprenda’s current integrations with Microsoft products, including Microsoft Azure, System Center, Visual Studio Online, Team Foundation Server and earlier versions of Visual Studio.
“Apprenda’s PaaS works with Microsoft tools to help organizations achieve true end-to-end management, from developing apps faster in Visual Studio 2015 to deploying virtual machines in a data center with System Center,” said Michael Michael, Senior Director of Product Management at Apprenda. “By natively supporting Microsoft and its entire .NET ecosystem, Apprenda makes it easy for developers to concentrate on innovation and building value and leave the deployment and management of their applications to Apprenda.”
Apprenda, coupled with Visual Studio 2015, Azure, System Center, Visual Studio Online and/or Team Foundation Server, gives organizations the ability to:
- Monitor the health of all Apprenda components – applications, Azure and other infrastructure
- Set alerts and create tickets for capacity thresholds, find configuration errors and get troubleshooting diagnostics
- Automate remediation of issues with the PaaS fabric using System Center Orchestrator automation and PowerShell
- Provision Azure IaaS or Virtual Machine Manager virtual machines to expand the Apprenda PaaS capacity
- Manage multiple Apprenda cloud grids
- Understand how end-users are interacting with applications on the PaaS fabric during the day with Application Insights
- Deploy, update, promote, archive, and more to the PaaS fabric in Visual Studio without ever leaving the developers favorite IDE
“Apprenda has long been a strong contributor to Microsoft’s developer tools and platforms,” said Tom Lindeman, Director of Partner and Channel Marketing, Microsoft Corp. “We’re very pleased to see Apprenda adding support for the latest features of Visual Studio 2015 to further enable developers to easily build, deploy and monitor new and existing applications.”
Apprenda is the leading enterprise Platform as a Service (PaaS) powering the next generation of enterprise software development in public, private and hybrid clouds. As a foundational software layer and application run-time environment, Apprenda removes the complexities of building and delivering modern software applications, enabling enterprises to innovate faster. With Apprenda, enterprise development teams can securely deliver an ecosystem of data, services, applications and APIs to internal and external customers across any infrastructure. From the world’s largest banks like JPMorgan Chase to healthcare organizations including McKesson and AmerisourceBergen, Apprenda’s clients are part of a new class of software-defined enterprises, disrupting industries and winning with software. Visit Apprenda at www.apprenda.com or follow us on Twitter at @apprenda.