Apprenda is built to seamlessly integrate with off the shelf or home grown enterprise identity, directory services, and authentication systems. This allows for seamless mapping of end users to guest applications hosted on your internal Apprenda PaaS instance.
Enterprise identity management, directory services, and authentication systems are well established pillars of most enterprise IT environments. Cataloging the identity and credentials of tens or even hundreds of thousands of users is the norm. Ensuring that your private PaaS can leverage your existing identity management and authentication systems is critical. This guarantees that your applications running on Apprenda can automatically be federated against your identity systems for authentication and authorization requests.
- Support for SAML and Simple Web Tokens (SWT)
- Leverage home grown identity and authentication systems
- Use out of the box, enterprise focused identity management and SSO systems such as Ping Identity and CA SiteMinder
- Insulate applications from implementation details of SSO and authentication
- Button-click binding of authentication to UIs and web-service APIs. Applications
written without authentication can just have it “turned on”
Being able to have a “plug and play” model for integrating your identity and SSO systems with the Apprenda PaaS is critical for a successful private cloud deployment.